Total Pageviews

Monday, August 20, 2012

In Retrospect

Things I've learned this week:

1.  My cats like cherry tomatoes - especially those that are freshly picked.
2.  My kitchen floor and living room carpet are less happy about the prospect about cherry tomatoes.
3.  Love comes in many shades.  My favorites are the deep blue hues, and the fiery, passionate reds.  Those that make you feel saturated with life.  The unconditional white kind is pretty excellent as well.
4.  Families are always the best when filled with love, no matter their shape or size.
5.  I have an uncanny ability to make terrible tasting alcoholic cocktails.
6.  Steve Martin is one of the more remarkable people on the planet.  (see Rare Bird Alert by he and the Steep Canyon Rangers for further justification of the preceding statement)
7.  Baking and cooking for people I care about is still one of the most heartening, soul calming, enjoyable things I've come across to spend my time on.
8.  Cats also quite like $25 greenish couches from Goodwill. 
9.  When you make a pie and are used to using parchment paper to roll out the crust, you tend to have to up your pastry skills when you discover mid-way through pie creation that you are out of said parchment paper.
10.  Come 12:42am on a Monday, no matter how good the episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I still find myself yawning.

No comments:

Post a Comment