Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lucidity in the Face of Fire

Had a dream last night that I watched a meteor fall. I was in a park, in Wisconsin, getting ready to meet Dustin. We were talking on the phone when I noticed a streak of light in the sky getting larger, closer. It reached out of the distance, all at once, yet in slow motion...burning blue - the size of a 1 story building. I happened to be standing by a pool, so when it hit, I jumped in and huddled under water as the blast and burning debris flew above and churned the water around me.

Somehow I managed to hold my breath long enough to survive, and when I emerged, everything had changed, yet nothing looked terribly different. There was a huge crowd forming, and I began to walk around and listen to neighborhood kids as they described what they had seen. My phone survived, as only it could in a dream, so I began to take video of everything. The last thing I remember is taking video of a boy and his sister. He had named the meteorite Orion's Foot because of where it had fallen from. He had tracked it in his telescope.

No comments:

Post a Comment