Total Pageviews

Friday, April 23, 2010

Time to die?

Unfortunately, in every gardener's experience comes the sad moment in which it is imperative to pass judgment on your lovingly nurtured seeds. That moment is upon me, and yes, sentimental as it may seem, I am a little bit sad. Tonight I have the task of thinning out my baby broccoli plants, as, they are growing too well and if left to their own devices, would crowd out each others little root systems. Its rough to choose favorites at this point, but in order to ensure the overall health of a few of my heartiest plants, its time to make the cut (no pun intended...ok, maybe a little bit intended). So, wish me luck.


Also, last night I finished my blanket for Project Linus. Project Linus is a fantastic non-profit group that collects blankets for ill and traumatized children, and they will be at the shop tomorrow (Geneva Spice House) with treats from their cookbook, so if you are in the area, by all means, stop in. Customers with blanket or yarn donations will receive 15% off of in store purchases.

There's my little plug for the night. Anywho, the blanket is sweet. Its small and blue with fringes and a baseball theme. I have another small piece of fleece to be dedicated to a blanket, but time was my enemy in the past 48 hours, so it didn't make the cut either. Phew. Between plants and blankets, writing (blog and short stories), and a rather large oil painting, I think I've been a rather busy bee. No wonder the combination of little sleep and Benadryl (yay, allergies!) has my energy running low. Hopefully tonight will be good sleeps.

Cheerio for now!

1 comment:

  1. wow, this blog is swell! minus all the soon to be dead broccoli plants! waaah

    ReplyDelete