Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Time WArP

So, it isn't Tuesday, and I have failed you all. But, since there are little to none of you actually "following" me at this point

(yes. I am the only follower I have listed.

I didn't want to discuss it, but now that its been said and aired and laid out for everyone to see all over the internet I guess I can't avoid it any longer and we'll just have to grin and bear it and face the facts.

My blog is lame and unloved.

Except I love it...
kind of...

so I suppose that's the important part, being as I have to be the one on here every day.

Oh, but I'm not, you say?

Well, yes, technically speaking I suppose I wasn't on yesterday...

but I DID have the best intentions...it just well...life got in the way. Tavi brought home beer and he and Andrew and I ate potato chips and watched The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnasus, which, by the by, is quite compelling.

In any case, I'm here now, nearly before doing anything else with my day [with the exception of eating and other such necessities], so I'm counting this post as Tuesday, and there is very little all of you non-followers can do about it!)


...it's ok.





(these are for you, Andrew)


Moving on. Today is the day of transplants! Woohoo! (or tomorrow, assuming this is Tuesday, but really, today, since its not) The beans are growing like they are being chased by large and in charge ogres, out for their little leaves. I'm so proud! AND, they are working together...I currently don't have a trellis or support system for them in their little jiffy pots, so they are holding each other up by wrapping their vines about. I'm pretty impressed by this actually, as to be honest I thought they may attempt to choke out each other's light. But no, symbiosis was the chosen route. Clearly this says something about human vs. plant attitudes, but I'll leave all of those implications to a preachier sort of day. Right now I'm just happy to report that all is going well and I'm excited for the big transition.








Meanwhile, Tav is nearly finished with school and although its been pretty batty making, I'm super proud of him as well. Just over two weeks left and he will join me in the ranks of the gradgebatated. Yes, it is good to have an edgebacation! Cheers to Tavi!

It's been a pretty strange road this past year or so, and as I'm just about to mark a year's employment at the lovely Geneva Spice House, I'm pretty contemplative about the whole ordeal. Not at all where I expected to be, but I'm incredibly grateful. And as to the future, well that's a bit hard to predict, but I'm hoping I'll figure it out when the time comes (and not a few weeks after). Or at least enough so that I can get myself where and how I need to be.


Here are a few more pics while I'm at it...



(Andrew's little Venus Fly Trap)



(the rose bush Tavi gave me...which has rather curiously turned orange instead of red)





Well, I think that's all for now. I'll let you know how transplantathon goes.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. To say that your blog is lame and unloved is a faulty statement at best. It's not lame to be enthusiastic about something, which I know you are about your planting. Even better than this is having a constant outlet for yourself. If it's for keeping track of your botanical adventures or a place to sharpen your writing smartness, then more power to you and you have my support/following. Thanks for the funny faces, and the pic of the VFT. Once it has a proper name I know it will munch on flies jubilantly aware of its growing celebrity status.

    ReplyDelete