Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Its been far too long, and I apologize.

There are a multitude of projects that I'm in the middle of right now. One large one for myself, two for the Spice House, another small one for me, and planning Tav's upcoming grad party. So the long and short is that I'm swamped. And its cool to be swamped, but its exhausting.

It also makes it a tad difficult to blog regularly. But excuses aside, here's a thought or two:

Harvey Danger, the early 90's one hit wonder-type staple, may actually be somewhat underrated. Certainly, he has a simple, systematic song writing style, but his lyrics are entertaining and paired with what can only be described as a comforting blend of pre-emo (thankfully) pop rock, a combination well loved or at least nostalgically reminisced by the Generation X fringe on most sunny summer days. Check out Where Have All The Merrymakers Gone? for examples.


Tomatoes. And, epic tomatoes, with a reputation, no less. Yes, I am grateful, as they are what I have recently inherited from a good pal at work. And I am excited! I never really took the time to enjoy tomatoes growing up, but now I see quite clearly how much they are to be savored. And actually, its fitting that this would be my first tomato plant, as it is the same pal who gave it to me that introduced me to the sheer glory of an heirloom tomato with nothing adorning its soft smooth skin but a slinky covering of coarse ground black pepper. Yum!


There is nothing more concerning then hearing the sound of explosions coming from your living room. Oh wait, that's just virtual entertainment in the form of Halo.


Wii resort is a blast. Archery, especially. And for those in the mood for something a bit more unique, canoeing is a pretty fun choice as well.


If your heart were a large wave
Breaking over mine
I think I just may be inclined
To lay back and enjoy it
The salty taste of sunshine
And the leftover leftovers
Of a million happy fish

No comments:

Post a Comment