Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spiders!

I just found three small dead spiders in the past few hours, all scattered in different areas of the house, and all suspended with their feet touching. Is this an odd omen? I don't know, but it's got me just a tad weirded out.

Anywho, I spent more time with the garden today (no real surprise there!), and may have killed a little broccoli plant. :( I did almost all of the remaining transplanting, so now mom's beans, the broccoli, and some of the basil plants have found new, more spacious homes. I planned poorly though, so I have to run out tomorrow and pick up more potting mix in order to transplant the remaining basil.

The peas are still growing fantastically. It's continued to be windy here, so they have become quite hardy and thick skinned to my delight. Still no sign of the new batch of chives...I've left them outside, and in all honesty, am glad they have not sprouted yet, as we are expecting a frost this weekend, and I'd rather them stay below ground for the event.



(peas, as of about a week ago)


I had to go out and get poles for the beans, as they have had a bit of a hard time bouncing back from their first windy day out on the porch. They needed a more delicate form of support, which I think I've finally found. Below is a picture of their original trellis set up, which has been traded in for bamboo poles (pics of these soon to come).



(beans with old trellis set up)

Today I also had the pleasure of re-potting an aloe plant for Tavi's mom's Mother's Day gift. It seems to be adjusting well, and I'm excited to give it to her. :)

In the realm of indoor plants, my aloe is doing wonderfully, as are my orchids. The Christmas Cactus is still slow going...I don't know how my mom's has gotten to be the size of a rabid spider plant, but it has, and I'm jealous. But, I have an actual rabid spider plant...or at least Andrew and I do, so I guess its ok.

Tav's graduation is coming up and we're preparing to open our house to his dad for a few days. I'm really excited for Tav. I'm also reallllllly hoping he makes his portfolio SOON :)

Then, there's the party.

Then, in the beginning of June, I turn 25.

SO, the next month or so will be pretty busy.

THEN, we head off to the Seattle area for family vacation!!



Lots to look forward to...but for now, a late night snack and then bed.

ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment